As Iron Sharpens Iron

An ongoing and online discussion between: an Orthodox informed Ecumaniac without a denominational home, an ordained Baptist youth pastor with an open mind, a Calvinist worship leader/seminarian with a staggering vocabulary and ability to make a point, and a cradle Catholic with a love/hate relationship to Rome.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Agreeing? Where to Begin?

The problem is that the statement "Jesus is the only way to get to heaven" means different things to both of us. Also, that is, as I recall, the be all and end all of the Evangelical faith whereas, for the ancient faith, it's not the focus. But I guess I can sign on to that. Note, however, that I didn't say "Belief in Jesus is the only way to get to heaven." That's an entire other kettle of fish.

As for disagreement, I think we should start with epistemology, or our source of knowledge. How do we know what we know about God and Christianity?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home