As Iron Sharpens Iron

An ongoing and online discussion between: an Orthodox informed Ecumaniac without a denominational home, an ordained Baptist youth pastor with an open mind, a Calvinist worship leader/seminarian with a staggering vocabulary and ability to make a point, and a cradle Catholic with a love/hate relationship to Rome.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Judged

Abba Paphnutius said: When I was walking along the road, I happened to lose my way and found myself near a village and I saw some people who were talking about evil things.
So I stood still, praying for my sins. Then, behold, an angel came, holding a sword and he said to me, "Paphnutius, all those who judge their brothers perish by this sword, but because you have not judged, but have humbled yourself before God, saying that you have sinned, your name is written in the book of the living!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home