As Iron Sharpens Iron

An ongoing and online discussion between: an Orthodox informed Ecumaniac without a denominational home, an ordained Baptist youth pastor with an open mind, a Calvinist worship leader/seminarian with a staggering vocabulary and ability to make a point, and a cradle Catholic with a love/hate relationship to Rome.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

The River of Fire

I've referenced the article/essay The River of Fire several times, but I'm not sure anyone but me has read it yet. Pretty much everything I've been saying comes from this article. It rocked my theological world. Might I suggest that those of you who are looking for sources and such from me read it? It might save time, even if you are not convinced by its utter and undeniable truth. :-) I'll tell you now that it is blatantly rude to the West (while I am passively rude) in the introduction. But if you can get past that, and to the core of what it says, it will convey what I'm trying to say better than I can. It is also extremely well referenced.

While you're there:

These really do a much better job of explaining what I'm trying to say that I do. However, I would be very pleased if you were to lift quotes and such from the text and post them here, with your reaction, for discussion.

3 Comments:

Blogger fra edwin said...

Yes I have read River of Fire. I object to it. It is highly prejudicial. It claims to state the Evil Roman Catholic Theology (which it does errantly) and then it condemns the Roman Catholic Church for it. I will not comment further than that.

5:23 AM  
Blogger The Poor Blogger said...

It is, but so is Newadvent. That doesn't mean I won't learn from it where I can. Don't dismiss just because the author was a bit of an ass.

6:58 PM  
Blogger fra edwin said...

I do not dismiss the work because the author is an ass, I object to it because his description of MY Church is wrong. He condemns on false data. Who, then is the diabolos? The slanderer?

I will discuss and debate with you because I consider you honest. I will not debate this article.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home